mf.i's DS Data
These pages have spoilers, although usually in a general way. New players probably shouldn't bother with this site until you've played a full game. I mostly just describe how things work under the hood.
Clearly Kojima Productions put a lot of love into this game. I've found it very intriguing, but also full of maddeningly-long cutscenes, overblown story, and countless excessive interruptions.
I started playing May 23, 2021. After a few weeks, it seemed like players could use more insight into the game's workings, so I started studying the game. In July, I started making this site. I've worked on it four months now, and counting.
A shout-out to the many helpful players on the DS subreddit, where I am DistFunc. In the game, I am HelpToKnight.
- Bulleted list item
Supporting and Miscellaneous Info
- Mules: If you don't have official Cargo, they won't ping your location.
- CXl use rate with Carriers.
- Cryptobiotes. I have gotten up to 12 from a pile using Grav Gloves from a distance. See CBs tab.
- Types of Cargo and their Symbols
- Your Bridge Links info
- Back-calculating Heartman's incident
- Goofing Around in Death Stranding
- Videos for YouTube:
- Voidout captures in Mule camp and with Friendlies
- Charging with generator
Personal Ramblings and Reflections on DS
Things I'd Like to Get To
- Do Vehicles solar recharge when you Rest?
- Do I mention my PCC/Structure spreadsheet anywhere?
- Quantifying increases due to Bridges Star Levelling
- Test if Mule camp cargo respawns if they're all dead. Or just some of them.
- Did I copy truck stall info to BT page?
- Test the various gloves (but how?)
- Quantifying how much Urgent and Time-Sensitive delivery times affect score
- Massage Spenjer1's spreadsheet of Order info more
- Include the text columns that JohnnyWalker2001 left out
- List of Sam Orders, and the order in which you meet knots in the required storyline?
- Here's an incomplete list of Sam Orders, but at least it's all on one page
- Here's details on every single one, but you have to drill down into every chapter and order to see it.
- How to tell what Chapter you're in (screencaps of the load-game images)
- Further research on vehicle battery times and the load curve. How do different vehicles differ?
- Thermal Pads increase canteen effects, right? Do they do it if not cold?
- Dead bodies and Melt/Pop boundaries
- Get up to 84 HA SAs and get extended Trudge boot-wear-rate steps and vehicle speeds with hyperloads.
- Calculate how much initial knot material reserves (half of L2 levels) are in terms of their KMIs.
- Trickier than it sounds because initially you can't see some (even CXls) but those knows are still getting KMIs AFAIK
- You'll need a system to track every single material unit ever added or subtracted until all mats can be seen?
- And/or log the mat levels at particular points in time
- Speed and blood loss vs load when barefoot.
- At what load you get bloody footprints with bare feet. Maybe 0; see f_c videos at 25.5 kg.
- Timefall refill of canteen - variability
- YongYea's review of DC, saying driving has always been janky in DS. (Where to work in?)
- Weights vs. things like Climbing Ropes and EX grenades. Can you figure out the decimal amounts here?
- Test the boundary of when the three icon bars for fullness kick in. Can use HC Blood and the HG2 to get as small an amount as you want.
- Private Room savegames load quick.
- If you want to get Sam to pick something up and put it down a tiny way away without doing a lot of dancing, have him pick it up in a hand, pop into the Compass to turn him around (double-tap G), then put it down.
A shortcut redirect to this landing page is: mikefay.info/DS-Data
Just so you don't have to type the god-awful: mikefay.info/wiki/index.php?title=Game-Death-Stranding