Load Capacities of Sam and Vehicles
This one is relatively straightforward.
Carrying capacity in DS depends on both weight and size. Weight is simpler to show, but they are both important.
The Small Cargo Equivalent (SCE)
It's easier to understand size capacity when stated in terms of the smallest unit:
Size SCEs Small 1 Medium 2 Large 4 XL 6 or 8
Sam and all Bridges vehicles (including the carrier) consider the XL equal to six SCEs. I call this the Rule of 6. Mule Trucks regard an XL as 8 SCEs.
Location SCEs Top of Backpack 20 Backpack 8 Total on Back 28 Shoulders (x 2) 2 S Hips (x2) 2 S Toolrack 1* (S to L) Bootclip 2 Boots
* Things you can put on your Toolrack:
- Everything on the Fabricate Tools menu except Blood and Decoy Cargo.
- Everything on the Fabricate Weapons menu:
- All grenades (EX, remote/stun, etc.). They're all Small.
- All Handguns are Small. All other guns are Medium.
- Both Rocket Launchers. These are the only Large things you can put there.
- Nothing on the Fabricate Equipment menu at all.
- Not carriers or, of course, vehicles.
Increases due to the Delivery Volume level of your Bridges Star
They follow a simple rule:
- Each type has a base carrying capacity that the level 1 skeleton adds:
- 14 kg for the Speed Skel (20 minus 6 for the weight of the skeleton)
- 52 for the All-Terrain Skel (60 minus 8)
- 110 for the Power Skel (120 minus 10)
- Then levels 2 and 3 of all types add 32 more kg carrying capacity for each level (they add 30 plus 2 for the lower weight of skeletons at higher levels).
Here's a complete table:
|Type||Abb.||Level||Size||Cap.||kg vs. PS
|Cap.||Δ Cap.||kg vs. PS|
For comparison, at the beginning of game Sam (with no skel) can carry 120 kg. He can carry 5 more kg for every 10 levels of Delivery Volume of his Bridges Star. Apparently this maxxes at level 60, when he can carry 150 kg.